Saturday, August 21, 2004

 
Yesterday, we went to the Flemington Outlets with my dad & his wife. Between the walking, driving, talking, and decision making, I’m tapped out, and I don’t have much energy left for my brain-stuffs. So I’m going to take a day or two to meditate only, forget thought, and sleep it off. At least the humidity has broken (down here in Highland Park, at least).

Was it worth the exhaustion? Nah. I did get a great jacket, though, and Dara & Jonah got new school clothes, and Jonah got an ice-cream sandwich and his first mint truffle. And it’s a ritual, third year now, us going, so. Some things you just got to do. Like my grandfather used to say, “do it and then it gets done.”

So my thanks to Josh Corey for hosting this discussion, and for putting it up on his site. If ideas connected to it occur to me (and I imagine they will) which I consider worthwhile (that we’ll wait and see for) I’ll post them here. It definitely introduced a new vocabulary for feelings & ideas I’ve wanted to express, and was provocative, in the best sense of eliciting response (and vocation-enhancing, as well, though we’ll see what comes up in my poetry in the next year or so connected). I feel gratified to have uttered such a mixture of confusion and comprehension.

And it’s Heidegger. Heidegger. Heidegger.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines