Saturday, October 16, 2004

 
A quick thought regarding boring poetry: everyone writes it. I never thought it was fair to judge a poet by their worst, or even average, poems; everyone knows how hard it is to write truly excellent work, and to take a person's best as representative of what they are as a poet is the most profitable way to read, in my opinion. Not that there shouldn't be distinctions made, and publicly, but to judge Wordsworth, for example, by his laureate work would be absurd. And to misserve oneself, as a reader.

So have I read boring Josh Corey poems? Yep. But I've also read Josh Corey poems I've enjoyed greatly. And in general, his poetry gets better the more you read and think about it, which is the kind of poetry I dig. So that's just me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines