Thursday, December 16, 2004

 
Now that does sound like fun . I'm glad Josh is writing more about his ongoing D & D delving, though I hope he gives some actual gaming blow-by-blows. I haven't played since I was sixteen or maybe seventeen, but I think I'd join in again with some poets, just to see.

I used to play endlessly--I started in fourth grade, and me and my friends played for three or four years straight, when we diversified into Car Wars, Traveller, Runequest, Champions, some spy game, and god some amazing rpg called Paranoia. And Gamma World, too. Eventually I began playing with some people who got stoned and that kind of supplanted the rpg experience. I can't begin to explain how important these games were to me, and my friends, though I can say I understand completely what Josh is going through with this nostalgia thing. I still have almost all my stuff in the attic, including a complete set of the original original rules Gygax & friends developed in college (Blackmoor etc.), though I've given my Monster Manual to a friend's son whose beginning to play now, on the promise he gives it back in 5 - 10 years, whenever Jonah becomes interested.

Fun stuff; again, Josh, if you're reading, my vote is for occasional updates on your campaign as it develops. I'd love to read it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines