Sunday, March 27, 2005

 
Sorry to have been so absent (minded). I've been playing a new d & d computer game ("Temple of Elemental Evil") and it's kind of engrossing. Something about good immersive games which supplants 'normal' social desires . . . it does something to your 'care', because it takes so much care and attention. If you like that sort of thing, I suggest it. But I really can't keep buried in it too too long, I have a life too! But I'm enjoying it, more than I expected.

So I'm trying to balance my behavior. And go to bed when I should. At the same time, I've been reading more, the result of spring coming on is already more attention and energy, which I'm so tremendously grateful for I don't know where to begin the song. So the reading posts here, which kind of slacked off around December, should start picking up naturally. I had a lot I wanted to say about Heidi Lynn Staples' book, which I forget now, but god is it good. Too intelligent for surreal effects, is my sense of it so far. Incredibly straightforward, in its own way (regarding its concerns, that is--though she definitely torques her words for maximum valence). Here I go, assuming you've read it already. I'll get around to posting exerpts etc. sometime in the next week or so.

Enjoy AWP, all you people going to AWP. If you want to visit a truly beautiful place while visiting Seattle, take the ferry out of West Seattle (the Fauntleroy ferry, I think) to Vashon Island. There's also a foot ferry out of downtown, just below the Pike Place Market, but it's not really the kind of place where you can see a lot walking--drive to some remote beach. This is the island where Berke Breathed drew "Bloom County" from, btw. And is a lovely place to live. Or just be on the lookout for orcas and sea lions for an afternoon. Or find an art gallery in the middle of nowhere. There's a surprising number of those, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines