Saturday, March 19, 2005

 
Stuck, with the stick.

(When I was on track, in school, I was on the 4 x 400 meter hurdle relay. My job was not to lose too much ground, so the three good hurdlers could win it for us. As long as I didn't drop horrendously far behind, I was golden. Usually I tossed my cookies afterwards, but that was ok.) Here goes:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? The Tempest. It's hopeful.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Eve, from Paradise Lost.

The last book you bought is: Guess Can Gallop, Heidi Lynn Staples (nee Peppermint).

The last book you read: Confessions of Zeno, Italo Svevo.

What are you currently reading? Go Down, Moses, by Faulkner; Paradise Lost (still); and the Collected Poems of Marianne Moore.

Five books you would take to a deserted island: Bible; Riverside Shakespeare; collected Joyce; collected Homer; Dante.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why? Robin Reagler, Josh Hanson, Jim Behrle. Why? Because I was told to, and I do what I'm told. Oh, why them? Interesting, witty, desert-island-pondering types. And Jim might make a cartoon out of it. If they don't want it though, I won't insist.

Comments:
Ahhh, so you're "anonymous."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines