Friday, June 17, 2005

 
I've just found out that my friend Andrea's work will part of a show at the Jen Bekman Gallery (6 Spring Street), opening next Tuesday. I am continually amazed at her ability and ability to change--she keeps on growing, outdoing herself. Without outdoing the viewer, I might add, or her own vision. She is a true artist, my admiration for her ability and accomplishment--and her, herself, as well--is boundless. Her recent work (see image, above, for example) has something of the open motion of Shakespeare's Romances (my favorite period), and I find it absolutely entrancing.

If you are in the neighborhood and you have a bit of time, I highly suggest you stop in. The opening reception is Tuesday at 6 pm, and the show runs through the end of July.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines